Number of pages:2 pages = 550 words
Language Style:English (U.S.)
Grade:High Quality (Normal Charge)
Time zone:(GMT -5.00)
The purpose of this assignment is to explain core concepts related to the U.S. financial system.
Read the Chapter 1 Mini Case on pages 48-49 in Financial Management: Theory and Practice. Using complete sentences and academic vocabulary, please answer questions (a) through (d).
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Assume that you recently graduated and have just reported to work as an investment advisor at the brokerage firm of Balik and Kiefer Inc. One of the firm’s clients is Michelle Della Torre, a professional tennis player who has just come to the United States from Chile. Della Torre is a highly ranked tennis player who would like to start a company to produce and market apparel she designs.
She also expects to invest substantial amounts of money through Balik and Kiefer. Della Torre is very bright, and she would like to understand in general terms what will happen to her money. Your boss has developed the following set of questions you must answer to explain the U.S.financial system to Della Torre.
- Why is corporate finance important to all managers?
- Describe the organizational forms a company might have as it evolves from a startup to a major corporation. List the advantages and disadvantages of each form.
- How do corporations go public and continue to grow? What are agency problems? What is corporate governance?
- What should be the primary objective of managers?
(1) Do firms have any responsibilities to society at large?
(2) Is stock price maximization good or bad for society?
(3) Should firms behave ethically?