Hospitality Operational Analysis & Planning
Hospitality Operational Analysis & Planning Report Brief
Students will investigate an actual food and beverage operation. It may be an independent restaurant or part of a national/international chain. The research will highlight the differing characteristics of the operation and will allow students to appraise and identify a range of critical issues relating to the quality, productivity, and procedural systems, focusing on both consumers as well as operational demands. This will lead to the use of a variety of analytical tools and conceptual models to highlight those areas of the operation which are successful and those where remedial action and most importantly recovery is required.
- Learning Outcomes
- Analyse hospitality operations and suggest solutions to problems within the business
- Understand the factors both internal and external which impact on company/ unit productivity
- Demonstrate and develop an in-depth knowledge of the tools available to efficiently monitor a range of hospitality operations.
- Identify and locate a range of information required to make positive changes to the operational systems
Your report should be clearly structured and demonstrate the following
- The characteristics of the operation and its positions within the market. This should include the product /service range and key positioning features investigation of the customer experience and the use of systems or tools to measure customer satisfaction.
- Clear knowledge and understand of operational systems analysis
- An appreciation of the operations performance allowing for an insight into both effective performance and systems failures Based on the operational analysis, propose solutions for positive change and objective justification for a change.